Update – August 30, 2021
A Message from the Principal;
The first day of school is Thursday, September 2, when we will return to in-person instruction five days a week. Only students who have been approved for a medical exemption will receive remote instruction. Families must obtain prior approval through Mr. Bennett, our Director of Student Success. Please reach out to him by August 12 to begin that process.
This week, we learned that New York State will not be issuing guidance to govern the opening of schools next month. Vertus uses the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines as the basis for a safe and healthy return to school.
- Masks for students and staff while indoors.
- Maximize spacing in classrooms, cafeterias, and other shared spaces.
- Utilize necessary prevention layers, including screening testing, ventilation, handwashing, staying home when sick, contact tracing in combination with quarantine and isolation, and cleaning and disinfection.
- Families should screen their children for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to school each day, keeping them home if they show any symptoms.
- Students will complete daily temperature at school, and will be sent home if they have a temperature of 99 degrees or higher.
As the infections rates slowly rise and the Delta variant emerges more each day, I would encourage you to consider vaccination as a safeguard. COVID-19 vaccine appointments are readily available for those ages 12 and up through Monroe County vaccination sites. Visit www.monroecounty.gov/health-covid19 or call 585-753-5555 to schedule an appointment. We are so excited for this school year and looking forward to having our community back together again.
Julie A. Locey, Principal
2021-2022 Reopening Plan
2020-2021 Reopening Plan
Messages from Mr. Daniels: